AFM MBA Partner/Owner - Farm Manager and Broker
Tim was raised on an irrigated farm in a portion of Grant County known as the Columbia Basin. He graduated from Ricks College in 2001 with a degree in Agronomy (crop and soil science), followed by a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture at Washington State University in 2003. After this he received his Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in the spring of 2005. Tim has worked in production agriculture (farming crops and commodity marketing), in the produce industry (fresh pack potatoes), in the cattle industry (both production and sales) and most recently in commercial real estate acquisitions (licensed broker in multiple states). Tim came to Hatley/Cobb eager to continue his agriculture endeavors with new and innovative technologies to continue the company and its clients to further financial success. Together, Allen, and Tim have over 50 years of experience in Eastern Washington agriculture and in agricultural related fields. With all of their experience in the agricultural field they are confident that they can provide high quality professional farm management, appraisals and consulting on agricultural issues. Tim and his Wife Janelle live south of Spokane with their four children Taylor, Jarom, Tacen and Jett.
- 2001 Associates Degree – Ricks College, Agronomy (Crop and Soil Science)
- 2003 Bachelor of Science - Washington State University, Agriculture (Business and Economics)
- 2005 Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Northwest Nazarene University
- 2006 Idaho Real Estate School (Licensed Sales Agent)
- 2007 Idaho Real Estate Brokerage Management
- 2007 Idaho Real Estate Appraisal and Valuation
- 2007 Idaho Real Estate Law
- 2007 Idaho Real Estate Finance
- 2008 CCIM Module one Introduction to Commercial Investment RE Analysis
- 2008 Idaho Real Estate Designated Broker
- 2010 Alaska Real Estate Designated Broker
- 011 Washington Real Estate Managing Broker
- 2015 Accredited Farm Manager (AFM) of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers.
- 016 Washington Property and Casualty Insurance broker license
- 2014-Present Designated Broker of Hatley/Cobb Farmland Real Estate LLC
- 2013-Present Contributing author/writer to “Wheat Life” Magazine
- 2013-Present Purchased equity stake in Hatley/Cobb Farmland Management
- 2011-2013 Joined with Sharp & Hatley, Inc. initial responsibilities include account management, clerical oversight, and assisting the company in providing Professional Farm Management, Appraisal & Consulting Services.
- 2007-2011 Owner of Envision Real Estate Group as principal Broker including representation of developers across 12 states exclusively in land acquisitions. In addition to this I worked for a Non-Profit developer of affordable housing in the development of Apartment communities for families and seniors.
- 2006-2007 Sales agent for commercial real estate brokerage.
- 2004-2006 Marketing and Sales for Agribeef Company, worked in the risk management department analyzing futures positions of feeder and live cattle, along with high end beef sales and marketing.
- 002-2004 Crop and Commodities Manager with oversight of farm and ranch operations, commodity risk management, grain and logistics division director.
- 016-Present Founder/Broker of Farmland Insurance Company LLC (Crop, Property and Casualty coverages) rofessional Organization Affiliations
Professional Organization Affiliation
- 015-Present Spokane Ag Expo Board of Directors (Treasurer)
- 2015-Present Agribusiness Council (Greater Spokane Incorporated)
- 2014-Present Spokane County Cattlemen
- 2013-Present Agriculture Marketing and Management Organization (AMMO)
- 2013-Present American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers (ASFMRA) Currently on board of Directors for the Washington Chapter
- 2007-Present National Association of Realtors, Washington Cattleman’s association, Elected as a local Washington Caucus Delegate